Creating a task from scratch
When a template has been implemented, a Task Manager or Admin can issue a task based on that template. This is done as follows:
- Go to Tasks and select the template for the task you wish to create.
- Press [Create New Task].
- In the INFO tab, fill in the task details for that particular task, usually including names of projects and customer, as well as dates.
When the task user opens the task forms this information will be filled out in the form fields.
The task details fields are specified in the template.
- If the template has specified “selectable” forms, you can then go to the tab FORMS to select which of the template forms should be included in this particular task:
- In the tab ATTACHMENTS you can add attachment files that will be available to all task users. See Managing: 5.6 Adding attachments to a task.
- Select users for this task by clicking on the names below.
Note: you can select or deselect the option to notify new assignees of this task via mail. The default setting for this option is set in the Task Template Editor, see Managing: 6.6 Defining Settings for a task template.
- If the user you wish to assign is not already registered in Zegeba,
press Add by email, enter the email address and press [Add].
- You will then be notified that a Task User with this address will be created and will get a signup email.
Press [Send Signup Email] to accept, then [Save Changes] to save the new user.
The next time the users sync their Next apps, the new task will show up there. You can at any time go to the Tasks screen and assign more users to a task, or remove them.
Note: You can create a task with no users, either when you first set it up, or for instance when the task is done and you wish to remove all users from the task so it doesn’t show up in their Next app.
Creating a new task by copying an existing one
From Zegeba 3.29 onwards you can create a new task by copying an existing one.
- In the Tasks screen, press the Copy task icon of the task you wish to copy.
- A Copy Task window will open, with the same information as in the Edit Task Details (pictured further up), but with two changes:
– The task state is now the first default state, often called NEW
– There are no users assigned to the task
Edit all the details you wish to change, including assigning new users, and press [Save changes].The task will now be listed on top of the task list.
Creating a new task from a context
If you use contexts on your server, you can create a new task from the Context Builder. See Managing: 7.2 Creating and copying contexts for more information on this.