In Zegeba v 3.16 we have created a new task functionality many task users have asked for: the ability to send individual files along with the tasks, for instance design drawings and tutorial videos.
The task manager can add files as attachments in the Attachment tab when creating a new task. These files will be downloaded to the task users’ Tasks/Next apps and can be opened on the users’ phones or tablets. Any type of file can be attached but be careful about adding very large files that may take a long time to download.
The task users can also add attachments to a task from their app. These will be uploaded to the Zegeba server during sync, and will appear in the Attachment tab of the Edit Tasks window. You may want to open the web app and click on these files and to save them as they will otherwise be deleted when the task is deleted.
- Go to Tasks and select the template for the task you wish to create.
- Press [Create New Task].
- In the New Task window, fill in the task details for that particular task.
- Go to the tab Attachments to add files that will be made available in the task.
- Click in the attachment box to open a file selector and select one or more files to be added
– or –
open your file explorer and drag files over to the attachment box.
- You can sort the attachments by clicking on Filename, Filetype and Data added.
- Press [Save changes] when done.
In the Tasks/Next app, these attachments will be listed below the list of task files after the next app sync:
The app user can use the [+] button to upload attachments that will be available in the Dashboard and to other users of this tasks.
If you at a later stage wish to add or delete attachments, press the task’s Edit task icon, go to the Attachments tab to add or delete files form the task.
Viewing and adding attachments in the Tasks/Next app is described in the Performing Tasks with Zegeba Tasks/Next manual.