When a context type has been implemented by an Admin user, a Tasks Admin or Admin can create a context based on that template. This is done in the Context Builder. As an example we will here add a new ship to the context type Vessels.
Creating a new context
- In the Dashboard side menu, click on the context type for the context you wish to create.
If there are other contexts of this type, they will be listed in this screen.
In the picture below we see 5 contexts for 5 vessels:
- Press [Create new context] to add the context details (“meta data”) of this particular context:
The fields here are defined in the Context Type editor’s tab Meta Data.
Press [Save changes] when done.
- You will now get the Context Builder where you can enter subcontexts and tasks for this particular vessel.
Click on the context to get the icons for adding subcontexts and tasks to this context:The various icons and options are described below.
- Click on the primary context.
Press the ‘+’ icon, select “Create new context” and choose Deck:
- Select the Deck that you wish to enter tasks for:
- As you can see, you don’t have to fill in the vessel name “Eastern Queen” once more in Deck, it will be inherited from the primary context Vessel.
Press [Save changes].
The subcontext Deck is now listed beneath the Vessel context.
- To add another subcontext, click on the Deck subcontext, press ‘+’ and add the new subcontext Cabin under Deck:
- Press [SAVE CHANGES] when done.
We can now add tasks for any of the contexts here; for the vessel, for Deck 1 or for Cabin PT-128. We will show how to add a task for the cabin:
- Click on the cabin context, then on the ‘+’ to add a task.
- If you need to create a new task, select Create new task and select the relevant task template. Scroll down the list if there are many templates listed.
- Then create the task as described in Managing: 5.2 Creating tasks.
- If the task has already been created, select Add existing task, select the task template for the task, search for the task if needed and select it. Here we have selected two tasks:
- Press [Add changes] when done.
Note: From Zegeba v 4.4, you can choose to not have “Add existing task” on this menu so people can only create new tasks in this context type. See Managing: 8.5 Adding Task Templates for a context type.
Assigning users to tasks
- Click on a task and press the “Assign users” icon to assign users to this task.
See Managing: 5.2 Creating and copying tasks for instructions on this.– or –
- Click on a context to assign users for all its tasks in one go.
- Press its 3-striped icon to the right and select Bulk Assignment.
- Select the users you would like to assign to all tasks in this context.
Press [Save] when done.
Note: Bulk assignment will add new users to those users already assigned to the tasks.
The assignment will not apply to tasks added to the context at a later stage.
Copying a context
From the list of contexts you can copy a context by clicking on its Copy icon. The copy will be almost identical to the original, with due dates and availability the same, but context states and task states will be set to their default value (often called “New”) and the tasks will have no assigned users.