To the left of the Data Views list is a collapsible panel showing the views your company/organisation has defined. A view is simply a search string that has been saved in this panel so it will be easy to look up again. See Managing: 9.3 Find data in the Data Views screen for information on search strings. The default view is “View All Data”.
In the picture below the company services two types of control panels, M3 and M3-1. By pressing the view M3 Control Panel in the view panel to the left we can quickly see all reports for this type of panel:
Views can be defined over several levels of horizontal tabs. A view with a double-tab icon contains a level of tabs. A tab with a list icon contains a data listing and is always at the lowest level of a tab. See more examples in the pictures at the end of this page.
As we see, predefined views makes it quicker to find the searches one wants – especially the ones that are used often.
Creating Data Views
Admin users can create views specific for their company in this module:
- In the Data View panel to the left, press [Create New View].
- Type a name for the new view and press [Save] when done.
- Hover the pointer to the right of the new name til you get a pencil icon.
Press on this to edit the view.
- From the “hamburger menu” that appears you can edit the name of the view or delete it.
– a new Folder which is basically just a heading in this vertical panel to keep views in,
– a new Tab which is a heading in the horizontal data list but is also listed in the vertical panel,
– a new Data View which is a saved search string for the horizontal data list.
In other words, the main part of a view is always a saved search string, but you can structure it in vertical folders in the view panel and/or in horizontal tabs in the data list.
Note: when there are several folders beneath a main folder, you may have to go up to the main folder and hover to get a pencil icon and then click this to get hamburger menus for all levels below it.
- When you have added folders, possibly tabs, and then data views, in the left panel,
click on a data view (with the striped list icon) to edit it.
- Enter a search string in the search field. See Managing: 9.3 Find data in the Data Views screen for information on search strings.
Press [Apply] in the upper right corner to save the search string in the selected view.
Press [Save] in the upper left corner to save all changes made to the views.
In the picture below we have entered the search string “M3 Control Panel” in the search field and pressed [Apply] to save the string in the data view “M3 Control Panel”.
Below we have created a tab Q1 and added two list views in this, to find the data from two specific users in the first quarter of 2021:
Another popular view is the one where you for a specific form, or set of forms, have tabs for each form state. In the example below we have created tabs for each form state incomplete, complete and approved, and filtered the list to only contain checklist forms via the button [Filter View].
If you need help with setting up views, Zegeba Support will be happy to help you.