The term Meta data describes the information we would like to add individually for each task issued by this task template. It is displayed in the Create New Task screen in the Dashboard and in Details in the Next app. Typical types of meta data are: Date, Project name, Customer, Site, Work type, etc.
In the Task Template editor’s 3 – Meta Data tab you define the fields that will be filled in for each new task.
Press [Add Meta Data] to add a new meta data section. In the picture above there are 3 meta data sections from top to bottom.
- Use the arrows in the top left corners of each section to move a Meta Data section up or down in the list of meta data.
- Press the X in the top right corner to remove a Meta Data section
- Fill in the Display name that will be shown in the “Create New Task” screen
There are 4 types of Meta Data that have the following effects in “Create New Task”:
- Date will give a calendar where one selects a date when issuing the task
- Date Time gives a calendar and a clock for selecting a precise date and time:
- Text is an open text field to be filled in
- For a Dropdown list you enter several options to be listed in a dropdown. Press [Add Option] to add a new option. In the top picture we have added a list of deck names in a vessel. It looks like this in “Create New Task”:
- Check Required if the task creator must fill in this information in order to be able to save the task
- Check Allow editing in app to let the users edit this field in the Next app.
There will then be a Pencil icon they can click to open the fields marked as editable, in the picture below the Project name.