Our Import Converter is based on Word’s .docx format, but if you have a form in for instance PDF (.pdf) or Excel (.xlsx) format you can convert these to Word format before importing.
When creating a Word document from a PDF file, we recommend that you use Word’s converter and not Adobe Acrobat. Just open the PDF file in Word and save it as a .docx file.
If you want to import a table from Excel, remember that a Zegeba grid cannot have more than 12 columns. If your table has more than this, you have to redesign the table structure before import. If it has 12 columns or less, copy the table columns and paste them into Word. You may then want to edit this table, for instance by adding Import annotations, before saving the document and importing it to Zegeba.
If the table is very long horizontally, you may choose to just import the column headings so you don’t have to retype them all in Zegeba. These will then become Text Label elements that you can manipulate further in your form design. Do as follows:
– In Excel, select the column headings and select Copy.
– Create a new spreadsheet tab, click the Paste icon and select Paste Transpose.
All the headings will then be listed vertically.
– Select and copy this column.
– Go to Word and create a new document.
– Click the Paste icon and select Text only.
– Save the document, go to Zegeba and use the Dashboard’s [Import] button to import it.
– Now you can create the grids you want in the Zegeba form and drag the imported Text Label elements to the appropriate grid cells.