Note! The software on our customers’ Zegeba servers are upgraded individually to new versions according to the setup and requirements of each customer. Your server version number can be found in the About options in the Dashboard and the Forms and Next apps.
Most Zegeba servers will now be upgraded to 3.23 from 3.19 but if your server was upgraded from an earlier version, please read the Release Notes before this too. They are available through the category “Release Notes” in the side menu. And if you’re wondering what happened to versions 3.20-3.22, these were small, limited test releases.
New features in Zegeba v 3.23
- The most important new feature of this version is a module requested by those of our customers who use tasks: Contexts. A context type is a type of general structure, for instance Orders, Vessels, Countries, and contexts are specific instances of such types: a ship, an order, a country. For each context you can define subcontexts. For instance, under Countries you may define a subcontext Province, and under this the subcontext City. In the Next app these contexts can be displayed as menu options, and task users can follow an option e.g. from Countries to Norway to Rogaland to Stavanger and see the tasks waiting for them in that city. Or from Vessels to Titanic to Deck 1 to Cabin 23 to find their tasks for that cabin. Read all about this in Managing: 7 Managing contexts and Managing: 8 Managing context types.
In the Designer
- CC and BCC recipients of notification emails can now be defined in the form design. See Designing: 8.2 Automatic email notifications with PDF reports and form links for more information on this.
- An answer to a question can now set a specific form state. This means that form states can now be set within the form, not just on the Summary page. See more at the end of Designing: 6.1 The main Form element
- A dropdown list can now be easily updated with the new Dynamic List element. You can for instance store employee names in a list in Resources, and when the names in the list are updated they are automatically updated in every form that uses that list. With out you having to open the Designer. Read all about this in Designing: 4.6 Dynamic lists.
In the Next app
- Copy report – All users can now copy the data in a form report into a new report. See Using Next: 4.6 Copying a task form report.
In the Dashboard, Designer, the Forms and the Next apps
- You can now copy repeat instances line for line! If specified in the Designer, a repeat line (sub form) can be copied so you can edit the data in the copied line and don’t have to enter similar data again and again. The design of this functionality is described in Designer: 6.5 Repeats.
Improvements in Zegeba v 3.23
In the Dashboard
- The menu options Tasks and Contexts are now only available for users with the roles Admin or Tasks Admin.
- Data – There are now filter buttons below the search bar showing what kind of filters, folders and forms you have activated in the present data listing. See Managing: 8.3 Data in the Data screen.
- Tasks can now be created without sending a task mail notification. See Managing: 5.2 Creating and copying tasks.
- Tasks with no assignees can now be created. All assignees can be removed from a task. See Managing: 5.2 Creating tasks.
- Task states can have a progress value between 0% and 100%. See Managing: 6.2 Adding States for a task template.
- The columns in the Task list now have more understandable headlines.
In the Designer
- In the Select Multimedia screen you can now select any folder in Resources to place your image file in. See Designing: 7.2 Adding images to a form design.
In the Next app
- Remove tasks according to task state – tasks can now be removed from the Next app when they get a certain task state, e.g. Completed. See Managing: 6.2 Adding Task States for a task template.
- Reports can now be marked as Read Only – to be viewed but not edited. See Designer: 6.1 The main Form element for information on how to implement this state.
Bugfixes in Zegeba v 3.23
- Dates in Task descriptions are now formatted properly in the Dashboard’s task list, on the format yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm.
- Dashboard notification messages are now properly deleted and will not reappear at a later stage.
- The Form app’s “Test server settings and connection” is now working properly again.
- Images in the form design fetched from external servers are now printed also in email notification PDFs.
Note! If you have added such images in the design before Zegeba v 3.20 you have to remove them and add them again for this fix to work. You can do this in the Designer’s “Minor Edit Mode”, without creating a new form version or unpublishing the Published version.
- File attachments added in repeats can now be opened by clicking in the repeat table – you don’t have to open the repeat instance
- When the Next web app is open in multiple browser tabs you will no longer get a conflict when synching
… as well as many other technical and performance improvements boosting the power of the Zegeba platform!
Previous Release Note: Release notes: Zegeba v 3.19.