Note! The software on our customers’ Zegeba servers are upgraded individually to new versions according to the setup and requirements of each customer. Your server version number can be found in the About options in the Dashboard and the apps. Zegeba v 3.15 was an internal release only, and most customer servers will be upgraded to 3.16 from 3.14 or earlier. If earlier, please read the Release Notes before this one, too. They are available through the category Release Notes in the side menu.
We are happy to release many cool features that our customers have been asking for! We have a new category Projects to assemble your tasks and files under, the ability to append files to PDFs while working on a form, the ability to attach files of all types to a task from the Dashboard and from the Tasks app, etc., etc. But the biggest news we have is:
Announcing our new app — Zegeba Next!
Yes, the innovative Zegeba development team has created a new app! Zegeba Next is designed to replace the existing Tasks app, and for many of our customers there will be a gradual transfer period in cooperation with the Zegeba team. The look and feel of Next is very similar to Tasks so you don’t have to worry about having to learn a completely new system. Read more about this app here: New app: Zegeba Next!
New features in Zegeba v 3.16
In the Dashboard
- Projects – a new “umbrella” structure to sort tasks under – an extra option installed for Tasks/Next users by Zegeba upon request.
(NOTE! In Zegeba v 3.23 the Projects module was expanded and renamed to Contexts. See Managing: 7 Managing contexts.)
- The new web app – replacing the Tasks web app from Zegeba v 3.16. Read more about this app here: New app: Zegeba Next!
- Task attachments – add drawings, tutorials and any type of file to your tasks! See here how easy it is! Managing: 5.6 Adding attachments to a task
In the Designer
- Easier to find and insert images – With the new element property “Select Multimedia” you can easily find pictures to include in your form designs – from Dashboard Resources, your PC folders or external sites. See Designing: 7.2 Adding images to a form design for more information.
- File Attachment element has “Include in PDF” option – When this property is selected in the Designer, image files or PDF files attached by the form user will be appended at the end of automatically generated and mailed PDFs. See Designing: 4.2.4 PDF tab
In the Tasks/Next app
- Projects – if your company uses Projects they will appear under the Projects menu option. See more information and pictures here: New structure: Projects!
- Task attachments – download and upload drawings, tutorials and any type of file to your tasks from the app
Improvements in Zegeba v 3.16
In the Dashboard
- Recover option on the Dashboard side menu – autosaved data is now called recoverable data and has moved to the Dashboard menu. You will only see this option in the menu if there is data to recover – and we promise you will not get as many messages about this as you used to!
- Automatic task form permissions – When a user is assigned to a task and the task contains forms she does not have permission to access, the form permission will be automatically granted by the system.
- The Zegeba Tasks App section at the bottom of the side menu is now called just Zegeba App. This comprises the Tasks and Next apps functionality.
- And check out the cool purple background for the side menu!
Bugfixes in Zegeba v 3.16
- Action buttons ([Save and Close], [Generate PDF] etc.) now work properly also in task forms.
- Tasks details are now handled and displayed properly in the Dashboard also after editing
… as well as numerous other technical and performance improvements boosting the power of the Zegeba platform!