When a project template has been implemented, an Admin user can create projects and subprojects based on that template. This is done as follows:
Creating a main project
- Go to Projects and select the template for the project you wish to create.
- Press [Create New Project].
- In the New Project window, fill in the project details for that particular project.
The fields are specified in the project template.
- Press [Save changes] when done.
The next time the users sync their Next app, the new project will show up there. You can at any time go to the Projects screen and change the project details.
You can now start creating a “tree structure” of subprojects for this project, see below.
When a project has been created you can start making a tree structure of subprojects inside it.
- In the project toolbar behind the project name,
click on the Plus icon to create a new subproject.
You will then be asked to fill in subproject details just as as illustrated in the “New Project” picture above.
These details may be similar to the details of the main project, or completely different.
- Continue creating more subprojects like this.
- Press a subproject’s Up or Down arrows if you want to move subprojects relative to each other.
You can at any time add tasks to your main project and subprojects. See how in Managing: 6.3 Assigning tasks to projects.